Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome Baby Kendall!!!

My super, super, super beautiful little niece was born yesterday... yay!!!  Here are a few pics:

I wasn’t sure if I should post this, but once again, I want to be completely honest with myself, and with those who read this (whoever you may be); therefore, I decide to go for it.  The first reason I didn’t want to post this is because I don’t want to take anything away from the special day that my niece was born… it will be a day to celebrate her life as long as I live.  Another reason is because I don’t want my adopted child to ever read my posts and get their feelings hurt or think for a second that I missed out on something because they are adopted; and last, I wasn’t sure if I should post this because God has given me such a beautiful gift by changing my heart and opening my eyes to adoption, that I don’t want to, and I try so hard not to see the negatives involved with the process, although I definitely know it will be difficult at times.  But… last night while I was sitting at the hospital holding little baby Kendall, only a few hours after she was born, I couldn’t help but think about what I will be missing in the first few seconds, hours, and even months that my baby will live without me.  I know that God has already picked out the perfect child for our family, and that even with missing the first few months of that child’s life, this is God’s plan… and I will obediently trust and follow Him.  I also know that once we see our child, I will definitely not be thinking about the time I missed, but will ONLY be thinking about the lifetime I have to be with my baby and all of the exciting times the future holds with our little one from Ethiopia.  So, although I was delighted last night to finally be sitting at the hospital holding my 6lb 5oz baby niece, I couldn’t help but think about the 3-9 months I will miss with our baby… my heart breaks thinking about it… but deep down I know that God will more than make up for this lost time!  I know that our baby will be so special that it will be SO worth this small, itsy bitsy, teeny weenie amount of time we will not have with him or her… and I absolutely cannot wait for our baby to be able to play with their cousin Kendall J      

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sweet! This post makes me excited about my baby niece due to arrive very soon! You're so right...God will make up the time that you miss with your little baby! And once you have him/her in your arms, you will just look forward to the future with your precious child!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on the Ethiopian adoption blog roll this summer and have been following you since! :) We have just started the Ethiopian Adoption Journey as well.

    I truly understand what you expressed here. My niece or nephew (they didn't find out...it is killing me) is due next month and my best friend had her daughter this summer. I have thought a lot about and grieved for those lost months we will miss with our own child. But... like you said, I know this is God's plan. I love what you said about having a LIFETIME with them.

    ReplyDelete