Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Deon's Birthday and Our Day Off

A quick post... I'm on my lunch break :-)
What were we up to on the beautiful July 4th weekend?  Well, I told Jason Saturday night, "Let's not make plans since we seem to always be SO busy, and this is the first holiday we have had in a while where we can just sit relax and enjoy our time alone."  Hahaha... who was I kidding?  We cannot stay home if our lives depended on it.  We just love being around people!!  So, Sunday after church we were sitting on the couch getting antsy because we didn't have plans, when... I got a message from a friend asking if we wanted to come over and grill out with a few other families.  Boy were we excited... so we rushed to the grocery store to grab a few items needed for the cookout and we were on our way to enjoy our 4th of July evening with some great New City people!  We stayed up talking until the wee hours of the morning, then went to Wal-Mart and then to see a friends new house.... we didn't go to bed until 4:00 AM.  I felt like I was in college again... until the next day :-)
Monday we enjoyed a day at the lake for Jason's mom's birthday!  Here are some pictures, mainly of Jason's brother's beautiful family (they have four kids under five!)
Opening presents with a little help:

And... multitasking at its finest! Yes, she has a fish on each line while Ryan went to get pliers :-)

The cuttest family fishing picture I've EVER seen:

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment