Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Miraculous Conception

Not immaculate… miraculous :-)

One night last week while lying in bed I began thinking of our adoption, which got me pondering how remarkable God really is: a thought which I cannot let go of… that I don’t ever want to let go of. I started praying for my child’s birth mom just like I have been doing for the last few months. I know our child is not born yet, maybe not even conceived yet, but that is my point. God knows exactly which child He will place in our family. He knows the exact, PERFECT timing for that baby to be conceived, and He knows the exact day the baby will be born in order for us to be able to be that specific child’s forever family. He has already picked out a birthmother for our baby, He knows the struggles the birth family will face while deciding to place that baby in an orphanage. He knows whether or not the birthmother will have enough food to eat while pregnant, how she will be treated by our baby’s birth father, her health throughout her pregnancy and after child birth. He knows ALL of these things… and it is simply amazing. So even though we don’t have a picture or a name for our child yet, we will be praying diligently for him or her and for the birth family God has selected for our baby, because that is the family that will love our child before we even know our baby has been born.

No comments:

Post a Comment